Thursday, July 23, 2009

SMM Sabah Tournament [ More Photo ]

Again, brought you by More Photographs on...
SMM Sabah Tournament!
Yes we won the First Runner up... That's all....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Ah well, just kidding. I will start from the first day, again.

During the Registration, crowd right? Well, the girl in white-color shirt is -viv-, a female dota player who are Famous in Lion. If I'm not mistaken la.


The Head Marshall (aka MyGamingLim in Lowyat Forum), smile happy huh?


All the marshal actions, well, not really like him. Grrrz!!

===============================================
"I am the head marshal, I set the rules, and I can DQ any team I want" <-- what kinda head marshal is this? Fascist head marshal?? Is this the point of a head marshal? Isn't the point of a head marshal about making fair judgments??

So upon testing prior to the games, my pc auto-shutdown. Apparently, we do not wish to see that happen during the actual game. As per quote: "You don't listen to me, you are wasting our time. Please move your gear. I am giving you a 1st WARNING" Now now, not that we didn't listen, but how do we move our gear when you know very damn well they lock the computers. Of course since you weren't thinking, you had to void that first warning. "You are lucky I am nice to not DQ your team" Yea yea, whatever power hungry man (boy). Oh ya, it's not very friendly to point your fingers at people. I wouldn't
be surprised if you had upbringing issues, which is of course off-topic and needless to be mentioned.

And oh, everyone might wonder: Why the warning? I had asked to replace the PC, which is really easier then locking and unlocking all the pcs. (We don't plug them anyway. The crew do that). His literate response was "Powernet uses network disk and pcs cannot be moved" Well, I know a thing or more about computers, and let me tell you this. It's unless you've assigned your ips by port on the network switch (Which I do not think so), the ips will remain the same. MAC address don't change. That's under a diskless setup. As for Powernet, the pcs have maxtor drives in them, and iscsi cake drives for games. So of course you can change computers. An honest initial answer of 'the boss declines' (Which I believe he wasn't even ASKED) would be more satisfying. All I did was talk to my teammates and asked them if they wanna move or I play on a pc that could possibly auto-shutdown. I asked the marshal if he could ask the boss if it's allowed to bring a replacement pc (They do this in just about every other tourney).

Of course after I responded, you had to take back your first warning, but adding this joke after that seemed a little unnecessary: "I'm not dqing your team because I'm being nice".

"The other team is already ready." After a re-check, we learned from another marshal that Int weren't even ready. If I've not mistaken, they weren't even seated yet, or at most didn't have themselves setup yet. (Even after we moved our gear (Unlock, Move Gear, Lock, Setup) Crystal clear?)

"You must arrive at 10am tomorrow or you will get auto-DQ" Well, you arrived near 11am. When I asked you about it, what did you say? " " Yes, nothing. Your dark brown face turned black. (hard to tell the difference anyway) Anyway, other marshalls had told us 11am and that EVERYONE knew it's 11am and not 10am but we were the first to arrive anyway. Considering we don't have our own vehicles and had to rely on expensive public transport. How come you didn't get an auto-DQ?

" " Empty quotes? Yeah, the event had no schedule. First, the first games started only at 12pm. Now that's okay, but when do the next games happen? No schedule? So, considering the limited number of seating, we had to stand there for a good hour. Since Mr. Head Marshall is 'so' experienced with tournaments, let me share some of mine. Last year's SMM, our first game started some 6 hours late. Imagine if we had to stand there for 6 hours. Don't come telling me you also had to stand and work the whole day. That's your job. We paid to join this event. ~30 teams x 150 = RM4500. Nicely covers all costs. Now now, I don't expect to be even given seats, but with a proper schedule, we won't need to stand there for so long, waiting for an unknown. Thankfully, it was just 1 hour, which could have been longer.

I'll let the crowd judge. On my side, I don't think we've misbehaved. I hope my message is clear and concise.

---------------------------------------

Okay, what a bore to write all that. Didn't feel like posting the first two days as I had high fever. So did 3 of my teammates after our return. Did others get sick? Some other teams mentioned they and their teammates got fever as well after the event. For a second, since we traveled, I thought I had H1N1. Luckily I'm feeling a lot better today. Of course some others here would have wished us death. Kaka.

Congrats to Freedom. We learned a lesson in that game. TY Powernet for hosting the event.
===============================================
Quote by biatche at Low Yat Forum .

seem like he's not so friendly huh? No ppl like him.. A buuuuu to him. :x
The Cybercafe internal look! All these are prepare for our tournament! Awesome!



All the sponsored items. Juelze Claimed that the Milo brings curse. Whoever drink it, surely cannot think properly and lose the game, and yet, his thesis is true! Those who no drink win the game. l0ls!


On the camera ^^v


Crowds, seeing Observer PC.


Capture! :D


Hey, adjusting all my graphical and input-devices setting.


WOW! Medals, board, prizes and... the cursed-milo =.=!


Lame, capture the process of Medal-Giving but hey, where is the Player Face? duhh.. Inept.


The lenglui officer. :D


Last by not least, the Grant Final Qualifiers group photo session.

Once again, all credit to www.smm.net.my

No comments: